When a title of a vehicle is damaged or lost, the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles may request you obtain a title bond. The state has a few requirements to be eligible for a title bond.
- The vehicle must be in your possession and cannot be considered abandoned, junked, or stolen
- You must be a resident of the State of Texas with valid ID
- Provide any supporting evidence of ownership, like a Bill of Sale, Invoice, or Cancelled Check
- Fill out an Application for Texas Title and/or Registration (Form VTR-130-U SOF) https://www.txdmv.gov/sites/default/files/form_files/VTR-130-SOF.pdf
- If your application is approved by the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles, you will be issued a Notice of Determination for a Bonded Title (Form VTR 130-ND) stating the amount the bond should be
Once you have the approval and the amount of the bond, you can apply for the title bond. Fill out the application on our website, making sure the information matches that on the application used to apply with the state. Please email a copy of the Notice of Determination to email@example.com after submitting the application.
There may be additional information needed by the state depending on your circumstances. You can find more information at https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/buying-or-selling-a-vehicle/bought-a-vehicle-with-no-title