Nevada Notary Bonds

Search for your bond to get started!

Learn more about Nevada Notary Bonds

How to purchase a notary bond in Nevada

The state of Nevada requires notary publics to post a surety bond to be eligible to operate in the state. The bonds protect the public from any financial losses resulting from the notary’s negligence or misconduct. They are issued for four-year terms and remain in effect unless canceled by the surety company.

You can apply online for the bond directly through a surety company or agency. After your application is approved, you will receive a surety bond quote with the bond premium. If you accept the quote, you pay the premium and the surety company issues you the bond.

Unlike other types of surety bonds, Nevada notary bonds do not require a credit check as part of the underwriting process. As a result, the bonds are often issued instantly upon completing the application.

How much is a notary bond in Nevada?

All Nevada notary publics must post a $10,000 surety bond. The surety company issuing the bond determines the percentage of the total bond amount you need to pay as a premium. Premiums for Nevada notary public bonds generally cost $35.

How to become a notary in Nevada?

To be appointed as a Nevada notary public, you must meet the following requirements set forth by the Nevada Secretary of State:

  • Be at least 18 years old
  • Be a U.S. citizen
  • Must reside or work in the State of Nevada
  • Must never have been convicted of a felony
  • Must not have had notary public commission revoked in another

If you meet these requirements, you can receive your notary commission by completing the following steps:

  • Complete the notary application
  • Complete the online training course
  • Post the $10,000 surety bond
  • Purchase notary supplies
  • Take an oath of office
  • Obtain errors and omissions insurance (optional)

There is a $35 filing fee for the notary application and a $45 training fee for the online course. For more details on becoming a notary public in Nevada, you can visit the Secretary of State website.