Transportation and Freight Broker Bonds

Transportation and Freight Bonds category image

About Transportation Bonds

The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) as well as some state government agencies require freight forwarders and freight brokers maintain a surety bond as part of their registration. The most common transportation bond is known as BMC-84.

How to get a BMC-84 bond

Prior to purchasing your bond, you should:

  • Obtain a motor carrier number (“MC number”) from the FMCSA
  • Complete the FMCSA application through the Unified Registration System

There are numerous other steps required to get registered, independent of your BMC-84 surety bond. Check with the FMCSA directly to make sure you understand all requirements.

Once you have purchased your BMC-84 surety bond, EZ Surety Bonds will take care of electronically filing the bond on your behalf.

View:arrow down Select your state to filter results:
All bondsspinner Loading...

Don’t see your bond listed?

Contact us if your bond is not listed, we can write any bond!

Version: 202006-003