Colorado State of Colorado Motor Vehicle Certificate of Title Bond


The State of Colorado may require a bond to obtain a title for a vehicle when the applicant is unable to provide a properly assigned Certificate of Title.

How to get a bonded title in Colorado:
You will need a few documents along with the bond to present to Colorado Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
1. Have the motor vehicle inspected by a P.O.S.T. certified inspector, using form DR 2704. Your local county motor vehicle office can refer you to a P.O.S.T. certified inspector in your area. (Manufactured homes are exempt from providing a VIN inspection. Form DR 2698 must be completed).

2. Request a Colorado Title Record Search, Motor Vehicle Requestor Release Affidavit of Intended Use (Form DR 2489A),

If a prior title holder is found, attempt to contact them via mail and submit proof through PS Form 3811-A, You will need a copy of the letter as well.

The search will also reveal if there are active liens on the vehicle, which must be released before completing the bonded title application. (See additional resources below for more information).

If the vehicle was last title in another state other than Colorado, you will need to request from that state a title and lien record search as well as the search from Colorado.

3. Get the vehicle appraised through price guidebooks (such as NADA), computerized valuation services, or with a licensed Colorado automotive dealer.

4. Obtain the bond based off the appraised value of the vehicle. Our system will calculate the bond amount as two times the appraised value, per state regulations.

5. Complete the Bond Statement Guide & In Lieu of Bond Affidavit form (DR 2394),

Submit completed document package to your local DMV and apply for the title.

Additional Resources:
State of Colorado Title or Salvage Title Established by Surety Bond Process:
Colorado Department of Revenue:
Colorado DMV Forms and Publications:


State of Colorado Motor Vehicle Certificate of Title Bond

About the bond

The Colorado Motor Vehicle Certificate of Title Bond starts at $100 plus shipping costs and fees. Fill out the form to buy your bond instantly!

Here to help


Warnock Agency

Oakwood, Georgia

The Warnock Agency Inc is located in Georgia and writes surety bonds for all 50 states and Washington D.C. Surety bonds are mailed to customers via USPS mail delivery, or overnight Fed-Ex delivery.

The Warnock Agency Inc and EZ Surety Bonds has licenses in all 50 states, and can write any bond you may need!