Commonwealth of Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Certificate of Title Bond


The State of Massachusetts may require a bond to obtain a title for a vehicle when the applicant is unable to provide a properly assigned Certificate of Title.

How to get a bond for a title in Massachusetts:
Step One: Get the value of your vehicle. You will need the clean trade-in value obtained through the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA). The bond amount will be 1.5 times the vehicle value as determined by NADA.
Step Two: Purchase a surety bond. When filling out the application, make sure to use the NADA value for the vehicle. Our system will calculate the bond amount from the value entered.
Step Three: Have the vehicle inspected. The state requires a Visual Inspection form, be filled out by a law enforcement officer. Any local police station or state police can inspect the vehicle.
Step Four: Complete a notarized affidavit attesting to the complete history of the vehicle as known.
The affidavit must include the vehicle’s model year, make, and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Contact your local RMV for more information on the affidavit,
Step Five: Fill out the Registration and Title Application, Complete the application in its entirety and submit to the following address along with a few other documents.

Attention: Title Department
PO Box 55885
Boston, MA 02205-5889

Submit the following items along with the application:

  • Proof of Visual Inspection form.

  • Notarized affidavit attesting to the vehicle’s history.

  • Documentation showing proof of ownership, such as a bill of sale or canceled check.

Additional Resources:
Massachusetts undocumented bonded vehicle information:


Commonwealth of Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Certificate of Title Bond

About the bond

The Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Certificate of Title Bond starts at $100 plus shipping costs and fees. Fill out the form to buy your bond instantly!

Here to help


Warnock Agency

Oakwood, Georgia

The Warnock Agency Inc is located in Georgia and writes surety bonds for all 50 states and Washington D.C. Surety bonds are mailed to customers via USPS mail delivery, or overnight Fed-Ex delivery.

The Warnock Agency Inc and EZ Surety Bonds has licenses in all 50 states, and can write any bond you may need!