Who needs a contractor’s license bond in Jackson Wyoming?
The Town of Jackson requires the following contracting trades to get a license and a surety bond:
- General Contractor (Class A): the construction, alteration, or repair of any type of structure.
- Building Contractor (Class B): the construction, alteration, or repair of commercial buildings and single or multi-dwelling residential buildings, under three stories in height.
- Electrical Contractor: electrical work on commercial and residential buildings.
- Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Contractor: the installation, alteration, addition, relocation, or replacement of heating, ventilating, cooling, and refrigeration systems.
- Building Contractor – Restricted (Class Br): the construction, alterations, and repairs of one- and two-family residences, townhouses, and buildings.
- Residential Contractor (Class C): the construction, alterations, and repairs of one- and two-family residences, and buildings.
- Plumbing Contractor: the installation, alteration, addition, or relocation of sanitary plumbing, sanitary sewer, potable water supply, and distribution piping.
- Fire Sprinkler Contractor: the installation, repair, and maintenance of fire sprinkler systems.
- Refrigeration Contractor: the installation, or repair of refrigeration systems.
How does a Jackson Wyoming contractor’s license bond work?
The contractor license surety bond ensures that the contractor follows ethical business practices while complying with all building codes and other rules and regulations listed in the Jackson Municipal Code – Title 15 – Chapter 15.36.
If the contractor violates the regulations, damaging another party as a result, that party can seek compensation from the surety company up to the total bond amount. If the surety pays any claims to damaged parties, the contractor must reimburse the surety company.
How much does a contractor license bond cost in Jackson Wyoming?
Contractor bonds in Jackson Wyoming have a required amount of $10,000. You are responsible for paying a small percentage of the total value as a premium. EZ Surety Bonds can issue premiums as low as $100 for Jackson contractor bonds.
Jackson Wyoming contractor license requirements
In addition to posting the $10,000 surety bond, the following requirements must be met to become a licensed contractor in Jackson Wyoming:
- Obtain a Certificate of Qualification (COQ)
- Complete the license application
- Pay the $400 license fee
- Get general liability insurance coverage
- Get workers’ compensation insurance
The obligee is the entity that requires you to get a Jackson Wyoming contractor’s license bond.
Obligee: Town of Jackson
Street: PO Box 1687
Get bonded with EZ Surety Bonds
EZ Surety Bonds makes getting your Jackson Wyoming contractor’s license bond quick and simple. You can apply online and have your bond issued instantly. The bond starts at $100 plus shipping costs and fees. Fill out the form to get your bond today.