State of Minnesota Ownership and Security Interest (Lost Title) Bond


The State of Minnesota may require a bond to obtain a title for a vehicle when the applicant is unable to provide a properly assigned Certificate of Title.

How to register a bonded title in Minnesota:
The Vehicle must be six model years or older to qualify for the process.

Step 1: Go to your local deputy registrar office and provide your complete vehicle description, including vehicle identification number (VIN). 

The deputy will provide you with

  • Affidavit of Due Diligence Form, the Affidavit must be completed and notarized.

  • Partially completed Defective Title Bond form (PS2052) and calculate the bond amount. The bond amount is calculated as 1.5 times the value of the vehicle.

Step 2: Once you have the partially filled in bond form from the deputy, fill out the application with us for the bond. The information on the application needs to match exactly as it appears on the bond form. Email us the bond form that was provided by the deputy to after the application is completed.  

Step 3: Once you receive the bond in the mail, you will return to the deputy of registrar and apply for the bonded title. You will need the following: 

Upon approval of your paperwork and payment of any title/registration fees, the registrar will issue you a Minnesota bonded title.

For questions about the process visit the Minnesota DVS page at


State of Minnesota Ownership and Security Interest (Lost Title) Bond

About the bond

The Minnesota Ownership and Security Interest (Lost Title) Bond starts at $100 plus shipping costs and fees. Fill out the form to buy your bond instantly!

Here to help


Warnock Agency

Oakwood, Georgia

The Warnock Agency Inc is located in Georgia and writes surety bonds for all 50 states and Washington D.C. Surety bonds are mailed to customers via USPS mail delivery, or overnight Fed-Ex delivery.

The Warnock Agency Inc and EZ Surety Bonds has licenses in all 50 states, and can write any bond you may need!